Let us sacrifice our today, so that our children can have a better tomorrow. (Sacrifice your wasteful habits for a livable earth for your children tomorrow).. . . . . Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
In recent years several nations became vocal on issues like climate change as other issues like terrorism, refugee crisis, economic slowdown are also matter of concern but change in Climate and global warming which affects directly and indirectly to environment, human being and biodiversity putting our future in danger. Various international protocol, convention and recent UN climate change meeting in Paris shows concerns of governments.
Although it is not possible to tackle all the above problems individually but an little effort by an individual can bring a change. Yes, by managing and disposing waste.
What is waste and waste management?
Waste is the material, substance or byproduct which is eliminated or discarded as no longer use full or required after the completion of process.
Waste management is a process involved in dealing with waste, handling, processing, storage, recycling, transport and final disposal.
Here are 11 ways to reduce waste:
- Buy items made of recycled ♻ content, use and reuse them as much as you can.
- Beware of double packaging items.
- Use reusable bags and containers when shopping, traveling, packing lunches etc.
- Compost food scraps and kitchen waste and use it as manure in Garden.
- Boycott plastic water bottles.
- Purchase items made from recycled ♻ products.
- Reduce paper📄 waste.
- Improve and share your recycling ♻ program.
- Manage your food 🍲 waste.
- Donate unwanted clothes.
Conduct a waste assessment – for waste reduction and cost savings.
- First and foremost it keeps the environment clean and fresh.😂
- Saves the earth 🌍 and conserves energy ⚡ (recycling aspect and reducing cutting of trees)
- Reduce environmental pollution.
- Waste management helps you to earn money 💵 and creates employment as new startup comes up and there could be rise in tourism which helps generate forex reserves (due to cleanliness and pollution free environment). 😂
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . SDC 😇